You won’t see any MSM, including TBC do what Glenn Beck did through media outlets (17 posts)

|
  • Profile picture of limalimamike limalimamike said 1 year, 6 months ago:

He helped a disabled woman fight a local power company in Ohio regarding the installation of a smart meter that would put her health at risk.

The woman has a pace maker, and cannot even have a microwave oven in her house, because of the radio-frequency emitted from them…the same as a smart meter.

read her horrible experience , and how it took the help of Glenn Beck to have her rights restored.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/09/handicapped-woman-refuses-smart-meter-has-power-cut-in-the-dead-of-winter/

• Profile picture of John  Bravo John Bravo said 1 year, 6 months ago:

She needs to stay inside her house and never venture on a road if she is afraid of RF emissions. Every 18 wheeler on the road emit RF emissions. People with their cell phones emit RF.

• Profile picture of Jack Burns Jack Burns said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Smart meters and black helicopters. Right wingers are just plain insane.

gay unprotected sex, and little girls…liberals are, well, what is your word you like to use Jack….

• Profile picture of ApolloDawn ApolloDawn said 1 year, 6 months ago:

For someone who professes to be worried about what the children are seeing and hearing, you sure post the most graphic stuff on a site that’s open to all ages.

“gay unprotected sex, and little girls…liberals are, well, what is your word you like to use Jack….”

Here, a challenge for you. Everything good this nation has ever done has been done by liberals. Conservatives have done nothing for the good of America. They opposed the rebellion against the king of Britain, they opposed the adoption of the federal constitution, they opposed the freeing of the slaves (yeah I know what you are going to say, try reading up on the subject) They attempted to destroy the United States of America and fought against the efforts to keep the nation intact. They opposed the creation of our national parks, our national forests, our national game refuges, they opposed the entry of the US into WW2, and that is just he start. Basically Conservatives are anti American, and should all be shipped to a country that reflects their views, like Iran, or Belorus.

Sorry Jack… i stopped reading after your 2nd sentence.

Go ahead and report it then AD, like you do everything else.

If you don’t like it, you didn’t have to post.
    And for the record…any parent willing to let their child come here and browse, needs to have their head examined, and probably investigated for poor parenting. IMO

• Profile picture of think4yourself think4yourself said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Sorry, Jack. It was the Lincoln Republicans that ended slavery and fought to keep this nation whole. It was a complex issue, admittedly. To the Radical Republicans, it was a matter of right and wrong-to the south it was a matter of economic survival. I have read up on the subject. I’m no fan of Reagan, but he did get federal spending under control. Strategic Missile Defense was also Reagan. In a way, American saw its largest budget surplus back in the 90′s under the most fiscally conservative president of recent times-Bill Clinton.

“And for the record…any parent willing to let their child come here and browse, needs to have their head examined, and probably investigated for poor parenting. IMO”

I really wasn’t going to continue this, but this is too juicy to pass up.

BakersfieldTalks is not a designated adult web site. I didn’t realize that it was parents’ responsibility to shield their children from browsing or viewing non-adult web sites. And “investigated”; it’s too typical for today’s right wing to fully embrace comprehensive big government meddling in the parental realm when they get to decide who gets meddled with.

I have to giggle at the whole thing, however; it’s a hitherto unsurpassed way of saying “I choose to become part of the problem that I routinely complain about, and it’s your parental responsibility to shield your children from the stuff that I post.”

Goodness. My goodness.

I’m not so sure I would allow my 10 y/o son to visit this page to be PERFECTLY honest. It may not ALWAYS resort to being inappropriate, but maybe AGE inappropriate. We discuss some pretty difficult topics in here. I DO monitor where my kid browses. Our family computer is in a FAMILY area. My wife and I regularly view the browser history (which can ONLY be erased by her and I with our ADMINISTRATOR password). I have a 10 y/o, 16 y/o, and 19 y/o at home and there are slightly different computer rules for each of them. I think you have to consider the individual child though in terms of maturity. I trust my 10 y/o to be more mature about stuff sometimes than my 16 y/o step daughter. LOL!

AD-I have to disagree with you. I think the typical ‘right wing’ believes quite differently. I think the typical ‘rightie’ believes that government is a lousy substitute for a parent and wish government would stop trying to play parent.

“Sorry, Jack. It was the Lincoln Republicans that ended slavery and fought to keep this nation whole. It was a complex issue, admittedly. To the Radical Republicans, it was a matter of right and wrong-to the south it was a matter of economic survival. I have read up on the subject. I’m no fan of Reagan, but he did get federal spending under control. Strategic Missile Defense was also Reagan. In a way, American saw its largest budget surplus back in the 90′s under the most fiscally conservative president of recent times-Bill Clinton.”

Notice I stated I knew what your answer would be. It is your answer because you don’t know the history of your own country. For a start, I did not use the words Republican or Democrat. The 1860 Republicans, including Lincoln were the liberals of the day. Lincoln has even been called America’s first Bolshevik. The Conservatives of the day were the Democrats. Know your history, learn it before post.

Reagan tripled the deficit, Clinton brought federal spending under control, which Bush promptly busted.

In 1981 at the start of the Reagan administration the deficit was about 2.5 percent of the national economy. By the end it was about 5 percent of the national economy. SDI was nonsense. science.howstuffworks.com/star-wars-program.htm

It is common for Conservatives of today to confuse the Republicans of the 1860′s with Republicans of today, they can only do that if they are ignorant of the history they prattle about.,, Kinda like the Federal Constitution Conservatives hold as sacred, they did not want the damned thing, they were happy with the Articles of Confederation…. Which they got in 1861, see how well that worked!!

I guess federalism is a great evil then, Jack. States have no rights, while the federal government should hold all the chips. Of course the democrats of today have evolved as well from Kennedy to Obama. The message has gone from ‘Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country’ to the party of ‘No fair! Where’s mine?’. SDI was clever rhetoric more than anything else-but effective. And in case you believe missile defense technology is nonsense, well, try telling that to the Israelis. However, I won’t disagree with you that Bush busted the deficit. That’s what happens though when you slash taxes and increase spending. And the conservatives of the late 18th Century feared was Philadelphia becoming another London-an oppressive central power. Keep in mind that’s why we have the Bill of Rights and why the Tenth Amendment (which is routinely trampled by the federal government) was the crowning jewell for those ‘conservatives’ you speak of.

I don’t know, Think; it’s my turn to disagree on a number of points.

There is a sizable portion of the Tea Party base that regards the 14th Amendment to be an illegitimate travesty that inflicted much damage to the idea of state sovereignty. Not all of the Tea Party, of course, but one notable segment of it is quite anti-14th Amendment.

And I do think that my characterization of the “typical” modern right wing is generally accurate. They might be extremely protective of their own parental rights and yet have zero regard for anyone else’s.

What if a lesbian did what many say she should have done, and brought to term a child conceived in rape?

Suppose now that she decided to keep it, and went on to marry or take on a domestic partner of the same sex. You can bet your last buck that there are large numbers of “conservatives” who would advocate the state taking away her child in an instant.

Or suppose that we had minor children, and suppose it came to the state’s attention that we were “poly” or that we lived an “alternative lifestyle.” I’ll wager that a great many of these same people who protest alleged violations of their own parental rights would love for the state to storm in and take our children with no regard for anyone affected. Observe – we have one right here who thinks he’s qualified to decide whose parenting warrants government investigation and interference.

You have made it clear that you don’t believe in coercion to force people to live their lives like you think they should. I believe you. That, I’m afraid, puts you in the minority among modern right wing power seekers, and your own statements on this forum seem to indicate that you’re already aware of that. :(

I guess federalism is a great evil then, Jack.

You are free to guess what ever you want, and why you would guess that is not known by me. But, you appear to have little knowledge of the history of your country, so there you go.

States have no rights, while the federal government should hold all the chips.

This is something you believe? It is certainly not something I discussed, I wonder if you feel the need to make up arguments you wish I had made, so that you could respond to them, rather than to what I actually said.

Of course the democrats of today have evolved as well from Kennedy to Obama. The message has gone from ‘Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country’ to the party of ‘No fair! Where’s mine?’.

If you want to discuss political parties, feel free to do so, but, don’t include me in your discussion, I am not discussing political parties, except as I stated the positions held by particular parties in the 1860′s. What Democrats or Republicans did or didn’t do at any other time in history is not part of this discussion, but feel free to start one.

SDI was clever rhetoric more than anything else-but effective. And in case you believe missile defense technology is nonsense, well, try telling that to the Israelis.

Once again you made up the argument you wish I had made so that you could argue against it, I think that is called the Strawman fallacy. I made no statements on the efficacy of missile defense.

. And the conservatives of the late 18th Century feared was Philadelphia becoming another London-an oppressive central power.

No, you are exactly backwards. The Conservatives of the day supported London and the King against the liberals who fought them, look up the definition of ‘Tory’

Keep in mind that’s why we have the Bill of Rights and why the Tenth Amendment (which is routinely trampled by the federal government) was the crowning jewell for those ‘conservatives’ you speak of.

No, again, you are wrong. The Federal Constitution did not contain a Bill of Rights, the flaming liberal Thomas Jefferson insisted upon one.

Really, this continually cracks me up, you conservatives must get your history from cracker jack boxes. America was founded as the most radical leftist government ever created upon the earth up to that time, and the conservatives of the time, your ideological forbearers fought against it bitterly. That tended to get them tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail, and at the conclusion of the Revolutionary War it was the Conservatives, not the liberals that ran back to England or north to Nova Scotia.

Seriously, learn the history of your own country.