Why?? (14 posts)

|
  • Profile picture of John  Bravo John Bravo said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Seriously. Its not like this is the first time major news organizations have selectively edited. But given the topic and the speaker, why did ABC see a need to edit? For 5 seconds?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/abc-defends-editing-michelle-obamas-automatic-weapon-claim/article/2522628

ABC doesn’t report the news, they fabricate it.

• Profile picture of catpaw catpaw said 1 year, 9 months ago:

I think anyone who watches network or cable news regularly realizes that the stations tend to get sloppy with reporting. An astute, informed interviewer would have corrected the First Lady’s misstatement; an informed reporter or anchor would have qualified the misinformation; erroneous facts, that are, in fact, not facts, get reported as facts anyway. Seems to be the norm of broadcast journalism anymore.
    Editing a statement for the sake of time constraints sounds baffling. If the news medium doesn’t have time to quote what a speaker has to say, then why broadcast an incorrect, altered statement that changes the context of what was said?
    I should get the same story if I’m watching Fox, MSNBC, PBS, or CNN; not a different version. I shouldn’t have to consult a fact-check site to find out what’s accurate.

• Profile picture of Mach5 Mach5 said 1 year, 9 months ago:

ABC is openly lying about editing for time restraints in this case. and do you really think Robin Roberts would correct Michelle Obama?, LOL, please, now I have to get up off the floor. Michelle was doing nothing but trying to further Barrack anti automatic gun agenda, She knew a handgun was used in the crime, but choose to lie about in hopes she could get away with it, THAT was her stupid mistake, if ABC would have shown her lie, it would have been pounced on quickly by everyone else who knows the truth, she like her husband, thinks she can get away with almost anything with the media undying support of them

• Profile picture of catpaw catpaw said 1 year, 9 months ago:

I didn’t see the interview and couldn’t read the first lady’s mind in any case. True or not, I stand by my statement that broadcast media takes its viewership for granted; that it fabricates, omits, or slants facts to fit whatever agenda or because of sloppy reporting and incompetence; that sensationalism is given priority over factual reporting.

• Profile picture of Mach5 Mach5 said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Could not agree more, Media and our free press should be in the business of honest reporting holding our government accountable for their actions, What we have is most media working in concert WITH this administration to further their agenda and hide facts, People need to wake up

• Profile picture of timec timec said 1 year, 9 months ago:

hand gun or semi automatic

Who cares?

Leave Michelle alone…Sore losers!

• Profile picture of JohnTaylor60 JohnTaylor60 said 1 year, 9 months ago:

To people like timec the true facts do not matter. Those people just vote for the color of someones skin and what free stuff they can give them.

• Profile picture of think4yourself think4yourself said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Take all the pot shots you want at the President. He’s the policy figure. I wish people would leave the wife and kids alone! We don’t elect the first family. What they look like, say, or do, or imply is really irrelevant.

• Profile picture of ApolloDawn ApolloDawn said 1 year, 9 months ago:

I love the sight of Christian decency. :)

• Profile picture of think4yourself think4yourself said 1 year, 9 months ago:

It should be COMMON decency. When the children or first lady are in a position to make policy decisions and decide the fate of the nation, then you can criticize her intentions all you want. But matrimonial influence aside, its BARACK who makes the decisions. And you can criticize the president and his agenda or policies all you want, but him and his family are still human beings.

• Profile picture of ApolloDawn ApolloDawn said 1 year, 9 months ago:

“It should be COMMON decency.”

Yes, it should be. Times have, unfortunately, changed.

When the children or first lady are in a position to make policy decisions and decide the fate of the nation, then you can criticize her intentions all you want.

I guess you forgot that she made the decision to starve a bunch of school kids with her assinine lunch policies.

• Profile picture of sagefever sagefever said 1 year, 9 months ago:

School lunches ~ any positive attention to the contents there of is a good thing. ,those poor starving children were ALREADY “starving” ….Two bread choices per meal is bad dietary practice. As a one time diet tech I can tell you the nation needs help…but your point is not to be questioned, I am sure. Bad Obama’s ! lol

Then we both agree that Michelle is not “Queen” of the US and thus any actions on her part that affect US policy are thus open to scrutiny and criticism, as well as praise; as the issue warrants. And thus, is well within common decency for Americans to exercise their First Amendment rights.