What a tangled web the WH weaves (75 posts)

Thread tags: Libya, Obama, Petraeus, scandal
|
  • Profile picture of paxchristi3 paxchristi3 said 2 years ago:

Pass the popcorn. I could not even make up this stuff involving the growing sex scandal surrounding the disgraced CIA Director David Petraeus and others and the very likely role they played in the Benghazi disaster. We’re watching history unfold that will make Watergate utterly pale in comparison. Can you believe they had balls the size of cue balls to put off this October surprise until November, particularly after the election? I can’t tell you how much I love watching the Age of Obama crash in flames and the media getting their asses burned for ignoring it all: http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-washington-times-web-of-deceit.html

As they say, sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

• Profile picture of John  Bravo John Bravo said 2 years ago:

Instead of becoming the Lefts “Reagan”, Obama is well on his way to becoming their “Nixon”.
    What did he know, and when did he know it?

Amen to that, Bravo. When, not if, Congress finally gets around to impeaching Obama as the most corrupt administration ever, I’m going to send Rep. McCarthy yet another blistering message to go further and see whether Obama’s credibility problem extends to covering up his own illegal presidency: http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/cold-case-posse-boss-fingers-hawaii-officials/?cat_orig=us

• Profile picture of Mach5 Mach5 said 2 years ago:

Obama will not be held responsable at all for this, even if he did know, and helped cover it up, most of the country does not care and the press will cover for him

• Profile picture of catpaw catpaw said 2 years ago:

??? Are we talking about an embassy being attacked and Americans being murdered or are we talking about a general getting some strange stuff? I fail to see the connection.

• Profile picture of SWVoice SWVoice said 2 years ago:

Pax sees conspiracies around every corner. Except if it is conservatives involved.
    Four more years Pax. hahahahahahahahaha!!!

• Profile picture of think4yourself think4yourself said 2 years ago:

Maybe it’s just me, but from what I’ve seen and heard the media that was once quite sweet on him has turned on this guy like a rabid dog. So easily they forget that General Petraeus accomplished what his predecessor couldn’t; he got us out of Iraq. He made a serious error in judgement and publicly took personal responsibility for his actions. Obama and his democratic colleagues didn’t cover anything up or do the General any favors. To the contrary, I feel as though the democrats, media, and administration threw him under the bus. Any day now, I’m expecting the media to come out with a one hour piece “Special Report; Tommy Franks; Misunderstood Genius”. Lets keep this all in proper perspective. Even Generals are fallible.

• Profile picture of Mach5 Mach5 said 2 years ago:

Agreed T4Y, everyone is fallible, and most people are forgiving about sex scandals because it happens to almost everyone, even generals. I would like to see some more answers on Benghazi and why more security was denied in such a hot spot

SWVoice, considering that it was Petraeus who told us on Sept. 14 that the consulate attack was a “flash mob” type of violence in response to the anti-Muslim video when it was later determined that he and the others knew what the hell really went on from the get-go, which was that it was a terrorist attack, one can only wonder whether Petraeus, as a disgraced CIA chief, was part of the bungled handling of the disaster before, during and after it happened.

To help Catpaw connect the dots, perhaps Petraeus’ predicament may very well have clouded his judgment in dealing with the matter, knowing that Paula Broadwell recently revealed that some Libyan militants were being held at the CIA annex in Benghazi, which may have precipitated the attack in an effort to free them.

Some saw Petraeus’ resignation as an effort to avoid testifying what and when he knew about the events surrounding Benghazi disaster, but it looks like he will now testify about the matter: http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/petraeus-to-testify-before-congress/?cat_orig=us

Obama is now giving his press conference. Not surprisingly, he is talking about the looming “fiscal cliff” rather than the double scandals, but we’ll see if the reporters get him to talk about the latter.

LOL, the first question posed to Obama after he talked about nothing but the “fiscal cliff” was whether he can assure us that there were no security breaches as the result of the scandals involving Petraeus and Gen. John Allen, who sent 20,000 to 30,000 emails to the other woman involved in this mess, Jill Kelley, many of them apparently sexual in nature.

• Profile picture of milemarker milemarker said 2 years ago:

…perhaps Petraeus’ predicament may very well have…

Speculation is the imagining of what the facts are when you don’t know what they are; a common problem for the extreme right that cost them the election. Patience is a virtue. The ability to accept or tolerate delay in seeking the truth is a universally admirable trait of good character. You should try it some day.

• Profile picture of think4yourself think4yourself said 2 years ago:

My point being that neither the media, democrats, or the president did General Petraeus any favors. As to whether his personal indiscretion had anything to do with any professional indiscretion or poor judgement in Benghazi is a stretch at this point. I think it would be wise to wait for his testimony before jumping to any grand conclusion. He made a very personal mistake that he will have to live with for the rest of his life. Apart from any damage to his career, he has to focus on the damage he’s done to his family (which is a very private matter). But whether he’s been derelect in any of his professional duties has yet to be seen. Petraeus’ name never really was connected to Benghazi prior to the affair being made public. Now all of a sudden democrats and the media are treating him as if he were the prime suspect. Lets just wait and see what happens if he does testify.

It may be also interesting to note that General Eisenhower carried on a very public affair with his driver, Kay Summersby. Nobody told him “Sorry, Ike! You’re not going to lead D-Day”. The affair was wrong on many levels, but lets keep it in proper perspective.

Well, let’s see what Petraeus has to say in light of the following email that I received from Grassfire Nation:

Did the White House use their knowledge of former CIA director David Petraeus’ affair to get favorable testimony from him regarding the deadly terror attack on our Libyan consulate?

According to syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer, Petraeus told the House Intelligence Committee on September 14, three days after the attack, that it was “a spontaneous protest against the film ‘ Innocence of Muslims.”’

Appearing on FOX News’ “Special Report,” Krauthammer said the Obama administration was holding the affair over Petraeus’ head for that testimony: “As long as they needed him … everybody was silent. And as soon as the election’s over, as soon as he can be dispensed with, the sword drops and he’s destroyed.”

But it now appears that Petraeus isn’t going quietly into the night. With his legacy in shambles, and little to lose, FOX News is reporting that the former CIA director wants to testify at tomorrow’s intelligence committee hearings.

Rush Limbaugh, for one, isn’t expecting Petraeus to drop any bombshell, perhaps as the result of being blackmailed: http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/limbaugh-no-bombshell-coming-from-petraeus/

Stay tuned …