Today is a good day …for some! (13 posts)

Thread tags: Agony of defeat
|
  • Profile picture of timec timec said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Americans stood up for what is right.

You shoud see the racist rants all over the web. People are ready to move out of the US…Bye!

• Profile picture of Lamonster Lamonster said 1 year, 8 months ago:

There are some good things from this election. Places like Detroit, Philadelphia, New York and Cleveland are not on fire. Maybe it’s just that they are still too soggy from the recent storm.

O-bviously
    B-est
    A-t
    M-anaging
    A-merica

There would have not been any riots. Trust me. It’s not that serious.

The good thing about this election is that Americans are done with hate. We are done with one-sided thinking. It’s time to mix things up a bit.

I like your optimism, Timec. But there would have at least been rioting in the network newsrooms, where it IS that serious. :-)

Yeah …. I have been reading blogs and twitter.

People are seriously mad. I heard a guy here at work say he is moving to a red state. Obama is the prez in red states too, right?

• Profile picture of Groucho Groucho said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Give them some time, Timec, they’ll come around when things get better.

Could you give us a time estimate, Groucho? I know we have to be patient, what with all that mess BHO just inherited.

• Profile picture of think4yourself think4yourself said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Hopefully, some democrats can play a card other than the race card in 2016. Its a little more difficult to characterize conservatives as Nazi’s wearing pointy white hats and gowns if the democratic candidate isn’t a person of color.

• Profile picture of sagefever sagefever said 1 year, 8 months ago:

“timec” says: The good thing about this election is that Americans are done with hate. We are done with one-sided thinking. It’s time to mix things up a bit.” Very Well said timec ~ time for us all to grow up and begin to work towards what we all say we want. Stop the scapegoat mentality,stop only being in it for :
    “me” and be in it for All. Time to cherish our principals but not be ruled by them.

• Profile picture of John  Bravo John Bravo said 1 year, 8 months ago:

So can we once and for all throw away the notion of self reliance, and instead rely on our brothers to keep us content? I sure hope so. Maybe this President can deliver us to that place.

• Profile picture of sys_mom sys_mom said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I voted via an absentee ballot. If you also voted this way you can check on the status of your ballot at this Kern County Elections website.

https://elections.co.kern.ca.us/Elections/VoteByMail/votebymailstatus.asp

Mine is still not showing up as received. I wonder how long it will take before it’s status changes. I know mine made it to the elections office by the deadline because I turned it in myself. I did not mail it.

• Profile picture of sagefever sagefever said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Mine is showing “good” status, I sent it in fairly early. Filled it out myself in a fit of reliance but did avail myself of the U.S.P.O. ;-)
    If I remember correctly sys_mom, absentee ballets received on election day are counted last.