Right to Work (26 posts)

|
  • Profile picture of John  Bravo John Bravo said 1 year, 7 months ago:

It is amazing that in this country, laws have to be passed so that people can be free to work without having to pay a union.
    And that such violence would erupt when such laws are passed.

I should have the RIGHT to enter in to a labor agreement with my employer, without a third party taking my money and claiming they will represent my interests..
    Let Freedom Ring.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/11/fox-news-contributor-punched-in-face-at-pro-union-protests-in-michigan/

“Last week, Michigan’s House passed a right-to-work law. Michigan’s Senate had passed its own version earlier, and lawmakers will reconcile the pieces of legislation this week.
    Obama said those laws will give Michigan workers “the right to work for less money” and said Michigan legislators should not be trying to “take away your rights to bargain for better wages or working conditions.”

Another bald faced lie from the President. There is no legislation to take away anyones rights to bargain for better wages or working conditions. Why does this President feel the need to marginalize those who have different views than him? This legislation is all about giving workers freedom to choose a job without paying someone else to represent them in negotiations. Nothing prevents them from paying for union representation, but it never should be a requirement for employment. It seems the only choice democrats care about protecting is a womans choice to kill her fetus before it is out of her body.

• Profile picture of limalimamike limalimamike said 1 year, 7 months ago:

He does that, because his backers want to bankrupt America. Soros has trillions riding on the collapse of the dollar,

• Profile picture of catpaw catpaw said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Somehow, the logic of working for less money is good for you is a convoluted logic that goes over my intellect. I don’t understand it at all.

I see catpaw got his news from huffpo and msnbc again.

We had this conversation over on the other page…..Do janitors deserve making close to $100 an hour? Under their union, UAW members had multiple opportunities to do so.
    Also notice that the price of American made autos went through the roof starting back in the early 2000′s? That is because of workers being grossly overpaid.

The unions are pissed, as well as the liberals, because all that money STOLEN from the workers for “Union Fees” won’t go to support the union’s favorite political hacks, which are all Democrats.

Besides, After being governed by libs for the last 50+ years, did you know Detroit’s literacy rate is barely HALF of the population?

Things need to change in Michigan. Boy, do they need to change in California too.

• Profile picture of think4yourself think4yourself said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Its perfectly logical cat. If your low on the totem pole, your the first to go when a company downsizes with or without union representation. Wages and benefits have to be sustainable, and when a company struggles and can’t afford the compensation negotiated by the union, the guy (or gal) thats been there less than a year will be the first one to go. If your looking for work, you best be consciencious of whether your employer can afford to keep you or not. Secondly, an employee has a right to keep his professional duties and political convictions separate. Union shops force one to merge the two. If employees want to work for less, or put their money where their mouth is, more power to them.

How does this result in less money for the workers? They can finally keep the money that was going to the Unions.

• Profile picture of ApolloDawn ApolloDawn said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Hee hee, you mean some people want the benefits of union negotiations without paying for them? Where have we heard something like that before?

A “T” word comes to mind.

Eek, I just agitated again. Bad girl, bad girl. ;)

Hmm…
    Some want the benefits of living in this country without paying for them? Shocking.

It would be interesting to know if people against Right to Work laws would be in favor of laws that required workers, as a condition of their employment, to donate to the political party of their CEO.

I wonder if it would be poor form to file a grievance against the IBEW union members who tore down Americans for Prosperity tent, since that sort of set-up and take down work is usually the sole right/responsibility of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters? And which union has the rights to slugging reporters?

That is why the liberals are pissed. Possible millions of dollars a year in political donations, that only line liberal pockets will dry up.

• Profile picture of catpaw catpaw said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Color it any way you care to, the reality of “right to work” is reduced take home, less money circulating in the economy, and a direct attack on collective bargining, which is as integral to the free enterprise system as the stock market or manufacturing.
    True, right to work states will to an extent attract some manufacturers. That hardly translates to a booming economy or improved quality of life.
    Giving wage earners the “freedom” to work for a diminished wage is nonsense. I have the freedom not to buy food or pay for utilities–that doesn’t mean I’m better off.

The reality of Right to Work is low unemployment and booming economies. Thats a fact Jack.
    There is no direct attack on collective bargaining. Why does the union need monthly union dues when collective bargaining occurs every 3 to 4 years?? What are they doing with all the money during off contract years??
    If the union is truely serving their membership, not one single worker will CHOOSE not to pay union dues.

• Profile picture of Mach5 Mach5 said 1 year, 7 months ago:

catpaw, Apollo, how do you explain the violence that is happening with all the union memebers?, do you support what they do?

The mood outside the Capitol changed just before lunch when an angry crowd of union members stormed a tent that had been sent up by Americans For Prosperity. The union members, chanted, “knock it down” then rushed inside and tore down the tent. They later stole some of the food and beverages inside, broke equipment, and harassed members of the “workers freedom” coalition.
    Yes, women and children were inside that tent when union memebers knocked it down, several fights broke out, fortunately , no women or shildren were injured because of the democratic union violence. is this what you support AD?, catpaw?

Unions in this new and future form are good and necessary things???, how the Hell do you come up with at?

• Profile picture of ApolloDawn ApolloDawn said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Oh, I think you know the answer to that.

No, I don’t support it anymore than you support people who scheme to assassinate the president.

Any thoughts on my points, Mach?