Problems on the horizon for Susan Rice (26 posts)

|
  • Profile picture of limalimamike limalimamike said 2 years ago:

How can a possible Secretary of State, who has hundreds of dollars invested in companies that deal in the oil and gas sector in Iran, be able to deal with Iran and it’s uranium enrichment program?

quote from the article
    “That Susan Rice invested in companies doing business in Iran shows either the Obama administration’s lack of seriousness regarding Iran or Rice’s own immorality,” said Michael Rubin, a former Pentagon adviser on Iran and Iraq. “Either way, her actions undercut her ability to demand our allies unity on Iran.”

http://freebeacon.com/susan-rices-enrichment-program/

Kinda like Elane Kagen getting to weigh in on gay marriage.

• Profile picture of Geoffrey Thorpe Geoffrey Thorpe said 2 years ago:

This issue worries me far more about the suitability of Ms. Rice than the whole made up Benghazi thing.

than the whole made up Benghazi thing.

What was made up?, the deaths of 4 americans, one of them an ambassador?

• Profile picture of Deleted User said 2 years ago:

So the preventable death of a US Ambassador who had been pleading to deaf ears for more security was a made up ordeal?!?! And you libs call republicans cold hearted! If she were the pick of a republican president, you guys would be on this like flies on feces.

• Profile picture of John  Bravo John Bravo said 2 years ago:

This issue worries me far more about the suitability of Ms. Rice than the whole made up Benghazi thing.

Apparently it is fine to be incompetent in this administration.

Speaking of incompetents…When the other Rice — Condoleeza — comes in for at least as much criticism for, I dunno, fostering LIES to gin up support for ILLEGALLY invading another country and starting an unfounded, unnecessary and expensive war, then you might have a case in Benghazi. Otherwise: no.

The whole made up thing is the noise about a cover up, etc. Please. Yes, it’s a tragedy that four Americans in the service of our nation lost their lives in a foreign country. So how many Americans have died in Afghanistan? Iraq? Surely those were preventable as well. And I still don’t hear you folks calling for war crimes tribunals about Cheney, Powell, Rice (Condi), Bolton and he-who-shall-not-be-named.

You mean the lie about the anti muslim film that caused a riot, that, consequently, has now been denounced by Obama?

The scary thing is that every time there is an issue with this administration, there is an initial coverup

Then you complain about Afghanistan, with no mention of BHO sending 20k more troops AFTER he said he was going to shut it down.

Quit living in the past. Blame Bush doesn’t work any more

Hmmmm. Well, that bastion of liberalism, the Wall Street Journal, (satire intended), is reporting the CIA altered the talking points of Susan Rice, not the White House.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/12/04/1277741/cia-edited-benghazi-talking-points/?mobile=nc

This corroborates the revelation from ousted CIA director David Petraeus that the agency changed the talking points out of national security concerns…something he told McCain and Graham and Ayotte.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/11/20/1219641/susan-rice-talking-points-cia/

• Profile picture of John  Bravo John Bravo said 2 years ago:

So Obama endangered national security by stating the attack was terrorism during his speech at the Rose Garden the day after the attack. Interesting..

So, Rice answers to the CIA? I thought she worked in the White House?
    Your information is NOT jiving

You need to drop the MM card

Mr. Obama didn’t use the word terrorism, but he did refer to ‘acts of terror.’

Sept. 12: “Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed. And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

“The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We’re working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I’ve also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.”

[snipped]

“No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.”

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/12/remarks-president-deaths-us-embassy-staff-libya

That was the whole thing Mittens got himself all knotted up over, and that didn’t work out so well.

And, no, LLM, Rice doesn’t answer to the CIA, but clearly the White House was relying upon the CIA for comments upon the attack. I’m not sure we’ll ever know exactly what happened, but my take is there was no conspiracy or attempt to cover up, and security was inadequate based on where in the world it was…but it was also just a consulate, though there are indications it was acting as a front for the CIA…which also makes sense.

The WH relies on the CIA for talking points?
    really?
    please show us THAT concept map

AND actually, Obama didn’t call it an act of terror, he referenced ,but didn’t specifically call it an act of terror

as per your post he said, “NO act of terror…………”
    AND
    as the records have come forward since the liar in Chief made that above statement, it shows that little consulate asked for extra security MULTIPLE times over the previous months, all of which fell on DEAF EARS.

• Profile picture of ApolloDawn ApolloDawn said 2 years ago:

GT, the explanation makes perfect sense to me and is entirely unremarkable, a fact that is understandably infuriating to the owners and operators of partisan destruction outlets that profit and benefit when the minions can be kept whipped up in a perpetual state of false alarm.

Don’t look now, but there’s a U.N. black helicopter peeking over your left shoulder. Rumor has it that he’s covertly trying to destroy America and steal your children by pretending to look out for people in wheelchairs. ;)

Glad you are one of the sheeple AD. Continue to follow the pied piper to your, and sadly, others, demise of ultimate freedom.