Let Freedom Ring (33 posts)

|
  • Profile picture of John  Bravo John Bravo said 1 year, 8 months ago:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57552225-38/senate-bill-rewrite-lets-feds-read-your-e-mail-without-warrants/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

And this is news?? This administration has been reading emails without warrants since they got in office. Just ask General Happy Pants.

Let Freedom Ring indeed…

• Profile picture of limalimamike limalimamike said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Very easy to steal our freedoms now that the FSA re-elected BHO. Their only concern is “what do I get”, instead of what is best for the country.

it’s going to get much worse too.

Ever wonder what all those camps FEMA has been building, and all the ammo the FED is stocking up on is for?

HMMMMMMMM

• Profile picture of think4yourself think4yourself said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I don’t think the CIA or FBI have much interest in anyones steamy e-mails. That is, unless the recipient has an address that includes hamas.org. These are the times we live in folks. Its totally reasonable, IMO, to give up a certain amount of privacy to ensure the safety of ourselves and our neighbors. As the saying goes, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. Freedom must be balanced with responsibility and cooperation. Freedom is meaningless without safety and security.

• Profile picture of Deleted User said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Govt. at all levels from the WH to the courthouse to city hall regardless of the party in power, has no intention of honoring your privacy rights or constitutional rights. It’s not in their best interest. And sadly, the courts will back them up.

Andy, its a small price to pay to prevent another 9/11 attack. What’s the big deal if you’re not doing anything illegal?

• Profile picture of Deleted User said 1 year, 8 months ago:

t4y, so you think it’s perfectly ok for Govt. to ignore your privacy and constitutional rights ? Makes no differance what I may or may not be doing. Why bother having laws and a constitution if they are not going to be adhered to ? Just let the powers that be make it up as they go along. Won’t that be fun. The big problem with Govt. today is that they hold us to a higher standard than the hold themselvs. Here’s a classic example, “If you lie to a Govt. official it’s a criminal offense. If they lie to you it’s perfectly ok” That particular mindset can be applied at will to anything they choose. Just remove the word Lie and insert word of choice.

Privacy is not outright guaranteed in the constitution.

I can guarantee you that a ‘no sneekie-peekie’ policy will lead us to another 9/11 style attack. Keeping the citizenry safe should be the number 1 priority. The alarmist attitude that Uncle Sam gives a crap about your steamy e-mails is totally unfounded. They neither have the time or resources to give a rats behind about non criminal activity. You’re naive if you don’t honestly believe that the bad guys don’t try to hide amongst the good guys. And freedom of privacy is meaningless if terrorist are able to hide behind those ‘protections’ long enough to fly another plane into a high rise building or send a suidide bomber into an embassy. The responses I seem to be getting reflect a trend on both the right and the left; Me-ism. My rights. My freedoms. To hell with the well being and safety of my neighbor. Both sides seem to demonstrate a desire to ensure that our government feed our self-serving ways. The right want government out of their pockets-to hell with who’s effected. And the left want government out of their bedrooms-to hell with who’s effected. I AM THE ONLY PERSON THAT MATTERS. Altruism is lost on both parties. Its all about me.

• Profile picture of catpaw catpaw said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I wish I could disagree with you, think4, and argue that you’re wrong. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. I hate reality sometimes.
    I do note that there are subtle signs (and not so subtle ones) that our need for security is at the expense of freedoms we used to take for granted. Once upon a time, if someone suggested that I would be subject to a strip search before boarding a plane, I’d think he was crazy. There was a time a conductor asking for ID to match my train ticket was unheard of.
    And yes, I do sometimes vent about the government getting into my personal day to day affairs. But I have to consider where’s the freedom in being the target of a nut who is looking for a body count?

I long for the good old days when the press and Left went ballistic over the government wanting to tap incoming phone and email messages from foreign lands without a warrant,
    Obama apparently has done such a bang up job on the war on terrorism that he now feels compelled to tap all of our phones and emails without a warrant in order to keep us “safe”. Sounds to me like we lost the war on terror. Bet the media never tells us about that.

“There was a time a conductor asking for ID to match my train ticket was unheard of.”

When we get to the point where we have to show a photo ID to vote, then this country is lost…..But until then, Let Freedom Ring……..

• Profile picture of Lamonster Lamonster said 1 year, 8 months ago:

“Keeping the citizenry safe should be the number 1 priority.”

Sorry, thinker, but no. Number one is freedom, as our founding documents make clear. Any prole can have security as long as he goes along with the master’s demands.

• Profile picture of Geoffrey Thorpe Geoffrey Thorpe said 1 year, 8 months ago:

And who exactly was insisting on the necessity of demanding photo ID at the polls prior to the last election? (Hint…it wasn’t the political party that has as its symbol a donkey, which symbolized its agrarian roots…)

Sarcasm, Jeff…. Look it up.

• Profile picture of Lamonster Lamonster said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Donkey and agrarian roots. Like Tara and those other symbols of plantation paradise. Proud of those Roots (pun intended).