HERE WE GO! FEINSTEIN WANTS TO BAN OVER 100 GUNS. (16 posts)

|
  • Profile picture of limalimamike limalimamike said 1 year, 11 months ago:

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=28d0c499-28ec-42a7-902d-ebf318d46d02

That is, unless you are her bodyguard.
    In the reading she wants to ban weapons with detachable magazines. Pretty elitist, I think.
    Time to donate more to the NRA

• Profile picture of think4yourself think4yourself said 1 year, 11 months ago:

The NRA better be willing to come to the table and give an inch, otherwise they will lose a foot. House and Senate democrats are not going to flinch on this issue as long as the NRA continues to play the ‘not give an inch game’. I wouldn’t wait for a ideologue like Feinstein to flinch. The NRA has to come more to the middle in at least tone, and rev up the rhetoric to make the ‘NO GUNS, NEVER, PERIOD’ folks appear to be the extremist. Americans don’t care about facts (they naively vote their sympathies). They will follow propaganda though. Its time for the right to steal some plays from the left on this issue. At least make it look as though you desire compromise and when the other side won’t go with 60/40 or 70/30 in your favor, play victim and make the anti gun lobby appear to be the villains. Democrats love to APPEAR to be the great compromisers. Maybe its time the gun lobby deal with political realities over stubborn, self serving, principles.

• Profile picture of Deleted User said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Mostly posturing for the Bliss Ninnies. Doesn’t add anything to the Ca gun laws. And the good people of fly over country are already sick and tired of being dictated to by nitwit San Fransisco libs.

T4Y, I don’t know where you are getting your info. I read several on line newspapers every morning and I don’t see it. In fact what I see is less and less Sandy Hook reporting and what there is is getting buried deeper and deeper. It’s not news anymore. And as to The NRA, they are doing just what the members and thousands of new members expect from them. Same with the majority of the Repub house members. If you want to take bets, I’d be willing to bet that Biden will not come out with anything in Jan except to tell us they need more time. A gun control fight is not on the presidents agenda no matter what falls out of his mouth. It interfers with things that are more important to him like taxing the rich. And redistribution of wealth.

• Profile picture of Groucho Groucho said 1 year, 11 months ago:

From what I’m reading, a majority of the people polled (51%) are against banning weapons, while 58% are for stricter gun laws. Seems to me that Biden’s panel should get someone from NRA and work out some gun laws that will work. I will be the first to admit that I don’t know much about gun laws. Are they enforceable? Are they uniform throughout the country? How can they be improved?

There is already a blueprint for reform. It’s called bring back the Assault Rifle Ban. Period. But the the NRA believes that owning a weapon that serves but one nefarious purpose falls within the scope of second amendment rights. As I said before-rights before responsibility. The majority of these tragedies have occured SINCE the ban was allowed to expire.

• Profile picture of John  Bravo John Bravo said 1 year, 11 months ago:

And AR-15 has but one nefarious purpose?
    There are lots of pursposes for an AR-15 and they are not all nefarious. It all depends on who is holding the thing.

“There is already a blueprint for reform. It’s called bring back the Assault Rifle Ban. Period”

And in effect it will accomplish nothing except give you and others the warm fuzzes because you think you will have done something. What about all the thousands upon thousands of rifles with conventional appearance that are functionally the same as these so called assault weapons hmmmm ? You and the rest of the Bliss Ninnies are attempting to ban something on the way it looks as opposed to the way it functions. Problem for you is, we have been down this road before and we know what your real agenda is. It’s called incrementalisim or the old frog in the pot method and we are not falling for it. I will throw you a bone though. I’ll go for a ten round limit on Mags. No biggie, the country is already awash in hi-cap mags, they will be grandfathered and industry is pumping then out as fast as they can right now. And here’s something for ya to chew on, “the M16/M4 look allikes will most likely not end up on any ban lists. Can you figure out why ?

• Profile picture of milemarker milemarker said 1 year, 11 months ago:

At least make it look as though you desire compromise and when the other side won’t go with 60/40 or 70/30 in your favor, play victim and make the anti gun lobby appear to be the villains.

In other word, appear to do something while doing nothing. That would be consistent with the present approach. Watching Fox the past few days, the only thing I’ve seen mentioned as a solution to the mass murder we’re experiencing is “arm more people”. Are you afraid? Get a gun and be powerful. Brandish that firepower and make it the *rule* that you solve your problems with a gun. That way you won’t get your knuckles skinned or, as I read about in the past 48 hours, have to live with the humiliation of being turned down on your marriage proposal. Here’s another: Was that a strange, suspicious-looking car driving slowly by your house looking at your yard?. Point your gun at them and scare them off. No? It was just a couple looking for real estate signs in your neighborhood to go to open house? Oops. Sorry about that. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Cherry picking again eh MM. How many times have any of those incidences happened. Bearing in mind that there 350+ million of us.

MM-so the answer to fighting crime is take guns away from trained professionals? Their (NRA) proposal was to have armed security officers on each campus. I would even think it’d be a good idea to have them dressed in just slacks and a tie to keep a potential threat guessing. I think there’s a significant difference between armed security professionals carrying a weapon and Ms Jones, a second grade teacher, keeping one in her classroom. Can you appreciate that distiction?

How about we move out of the neandrathal period where we have to shoot at anything that pisses us off, looks suspicious, or is weaker than us? Guns serve no individual purpose. The second amendment guarantees that states and municipalities have the right toestablish their own police force and that the states would retain sovereign authority to arm those officers. It emminated from a practice by London of disbanding colonial militia’s and confiscating their weapons. This amendment basically gave STATES the authority to defend themselves need be. This was at the request of the Federalist who wanted states to retain some level of self reliance to keep the peace. The effort to allow states to arm their own militias and respect for self determination would bite DC in the #ss come 1861.

• Profile picture of John  Bravo John Bravo said 1 year, 11 months ago:

LOL

• Profile picture of milemarker milemarker said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Cherry picking again eh MM. How many times have any of those incidences happened. Bearing in mind that there 350+ million of us.

First, you’re off by about 40 million (312 million) and a third of them are children under 18, some of them are gun owners. Second my so-called cherry-picking shows that eleven police officers have been shot since the Sandy Hook massacre. In what? 14 days?!!! Tell the NRA our cops need volunteer protection.

• Profile picture of limalimamike limalimamike said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Those police shootings are the guns’ fault? Is it the car’s fault when someone drives into a crowded group of people just off the street, killing many of them?

What’s next? legislate “assault” vehicles? Shoot, your nitwit ninnys you and yours have amassed in DC and state capitals around the nation in the last 20 years would have us all riding SAFETY bicycles, designed not to injure anyone you could possibly run in to with it.