Gun Prosecutions down 40% during Obama Administration (23 posts)

|
  • Profile picture of John  Bravo John Bravo said 1 year, 10 months ago:

We have plenty of laws on the books. Unfortunately, some Presidents are too damn lazy to enforce them.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/18/Obama-s-Hypocrisy-Gun-Prosecutions-Down-40-During-His-Presidency

• Profile picture of milemarker milemarker said 1 year, 10 months ago:

So the GOP congress was simply breathless, waiting to turn the Attorney General loose on gun crimes and enact gun-control legislation? Puh-lezze! Dream on, John. You just falsify the reality of the impact of GOP obstructionism and get amnesia over it.

• Profile picture of Deleted User said 1 year, 10 months ago:

MM can you say Fast and Furious ? Bet ya can. Come on now open those big lib lips and mouth it out.
    Real slow now so you don’t get confused. F-a-s-t an, an, and F-u-r-i-o-u-s.

Can you say Do-Nothing congress?

Executive Branch is responsible to enforcing existing laws. Nice try. Why should congress pass more laws if the Executive Branch is not going to enforce them? Riddle me that, batman.

THe Obama administration was more interested in patting down old ladies and little kids at airports than keeping guns away from anti-social mentally deranged violent video game players.

THe Obama administration was more interested in patting down old ladies and little kids at airports than keeping guns away from anti-social mentally deranged violent video game players.

Unserious and pathetic. Again, John – show us the proven correlation between video games and mass murder.

• Profile picture of ApolloDawn ApolloDawn said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Pat down? I’ll happily take a strip search if the guy is good-looking enough. ;)

For what it’s worth, I finally found Sea Hunt on DVD. Lloyd Bridges in real swimming trunks; sayonara. ;)

Can’t argue with facts, can you MM. Your President has been an abject failure when it comes to enforcing gun laws. And we won’t even get in to Fast and Furious.

“Unserious and pathetic. Again, John – show us the proven correlation between video games and mass murder.”

You got me there MM. As far as I know, there has not been one single gun that has committed a mass murder as a result of playing video games.

You got YOURSELF, pal.

• Profile picture of sagefever sagefever said 1 year, 10 months ago:

First parents feared “the Stooges:, then it was Will E. Coyote.See a comparison of countries http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/17/ten-country-comparison-suggests-theres-little-or-no-link-between-video-games-and-gun-murders/
    There is something going on here that does not in other places. Recent Presidents,and as L.E. itself serves under the President, have all failed at controlling guns or enforcing laws ~ even a certain amnesia (Iran -Contra hearings anyone?) prone President who nearly lost his life due to not “enforcing gun laws”.
    BTW John ,I put that comment yesterday in quotes because you said it to me…the lineage of that gun is fairly confusing.

• Profile picture of Deleted User said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Sage, I’m still waiting for you to point out that erronious info you claim I posted. Point it out and I will back it up or correct it.

• Profile picture of catpaw catpaw said 1 year, 10 months ago:

“President has been an abject failure when it comes to enforcing gun laws”

Gotta point there. Obama signed off of allowing guns in Nat’l Parks and the nation’s capitol.

Catpaw
    Interesting subtext to Obama’s signing off on that law:

In 2009, as a popular and comprehensive credit card regulation bill moved through the U.S. Senate, Republicans attached an unrelated gun provision to the bill that permitted licensed gun owners to bring firearms into national parks and wildlife refuges as long as state law allowed it. Despite opposition to the gun amendment from a broad coalition of anti-violence, park-ranger and conservation organizations, as well as many members of Congress including McDermott, the bill was signed into law.

[my emphasis]

Another Republican act of blackmail in capitulation to the NRA agenda.

Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., who led congressional efforts to change the law, said concerns about increased violence were overblown.
    “I don’t expect anything major to come from this other than to restore the Second Amendment rights taken away by bureaucrats,” Coburn said.

To paraphrase the Senator, (1)“What (2)could (3)happen?”

Adds NRA lobbyist Chris W. Cox:

“This common-sense measure will enhance the self-defense rights of law-abiding Americans and also ensure uniformity of firearm laws within a state,” said Chris W. Cox, the NRA’s chief lobbyist.”

That “bureaucrat” who signed the ban into law was President Ronald Reagan. The Bush Administration was the first to launch a campaign to overturn the ban (2008). The campaign overlapped into the Obama administration with Coburn carrying the bill for ransom on the passage of the consumer credit card measure.

And the “overblown part was the park rangers’s brains at Mt Rainier. The perpetrator in that case was on the run from an earlier incident in which he shot three people, then murdered park ranger Margaret Anderson, wife and mother of two small children.