Constitutional Convention. (19 posts)

|
  • Profile picture of Deleted User said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Come on all you libs here tell me why you’re not pushing for a Constitutional Convention to rid yourselves of the hated 2nd rather than waste time and energy on bandaid laws that will accomplish little or nothing ?

• Profile picture of catpaw catpaw said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Nobody “hates” the Bill of Rights. Mainstream Americans don’t like to tamper with the Constitution–if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
    The interpretation and application of laws as they pertain to the constitution is a different matter.

• Profile picture of milemarker milemarker said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Until the liberals show up, I haven’t heard anyone wanting to get rid of the second amendment. What people want is gun laws reformed so we don’t have the blood of innocents on our hands. You sound like an NRA member trying to pick a fight.

• Profile picture of Geoffrey Thorpe Geoffrey Thorpe said 1 year, 9 months ago:

If you want to own a gun, you have to join a well-regulated militia, as it states. I got no problem with that.

You can make all the laws you want they will accomplish nothing as long as the 2nd stands. If they could, we would already be there. The courts have systematically struck down the laws you want on constitutional grounds and will continue to do so. Why do you think we still have those so called assault weapons. We still had them even before the last AW law was shot down. Contrary to what all you anti’s think, the AW law was not reinstated because of the NRA and a bunch of wild eyed right wingers. It was let go because it accomplished nothing. You could pass all the nitwit gun control you wanted today and i guarantee you that in five years or less most all would be overturned because it won’t meet constitutional muster. So, get some guts, go for the gold or shut up.

Sorry Geoff, that’s not what it says, but then you know that. Just trolling for the uninformed, eh.

• Profile picture of Groucho Groucho said 1 year, 9 months ago:

You are right Andy, the 2nd gives citizens the right to bear arms. And we do have laws to control those arms. What I would like to see is a push from the government to rigidly enforce those laws, and to re-instate the AR ban.

• Profile picture of milemarker milemarker said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Andy, Looks like you’re not getting much action on opposition to the 2nd Amendment. Have the libs weighed in yet? Maybe there’s still hope for a fight.

We’ve never had much luck when it comes to taking away things by amending the Constitution, like Prohibition. It works best when we enlarge on the rights we have.

Groucho, as I stated above, the AR ban had a sunset claus that required it to die if it proved to be ineffective. It was and it did. Put another one up if you can pull it off but it will prove to be just as ineffective as the first one. Even when done at the state level they in reality accomplish very little. Ca and Cn is living proof of that. Here in Ca there are more so called AW’s out there than before the ban. Besides that, the Ca DOJ admitted that there was only about 15% compliance with the original law.

There you have it my friend, little if any compliance and no big effort on LE’s part to enforce it.

MM says “Maybe there‚Äôs still hope for a fight.”
    Apparently that’s what you want, this is the second time you have brought it up. Would seem that you are trying to instigate something other than debate, hmmmm.

• Profile picture of limalimamike limalimamike said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Government has a problem enforcing the laws they already have on the books. Illegal immigration is one of them.

Illegal immigration is a problem that will be addressed in the new Congress along with gun control.

• Profile picture of limalimamike limalimamike said 1 year, 9 months ago:

I’m sad that you have to look to the govt to control your life Groucho. I take it your not much of a “do it myself” type, huh?