Congress Finally Did Something. (5 posts)

|
  • Profile picture of catpaw catpaw said 1 year, 7 months ago:

For the good news, the House approved the Senate bill, avoiding a fiscal cliff. Well, delaying it anyway.
    The bad news, we get to do this again by next March.

• Profile picture of milemarker milemarker said 1 year, 7 months ago:

And somewhere Grover Norquist is in a bar urging patrons to pledge another drink for his benefit. I don’t think he has enough money to replace the 85 Republican representatives and overwhelming majority of Republican senators who broke their pledge to him today.

I suppose Charles Krauthammer could have been worse, commenting on President Obama’s post-vote press conference. It’s just that I heard the President say one thing, and when asked for his thoughts, Krauthammer muttered something that sounded like the complete opposite of what 60 million people just listened to. The others on the panel were less articulate. They looked sad and bewildered but I actually got a lift seeing John Boehner’s reaction to the vote. He didn’t give an inch, and who would want him to, but his tone was the most encouraging I’m seen in four years.

• Profile picture of limalimamike limalimamike said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Do not applaud the burning bag of dog doo doo that the senate and Obama crafted and left on the House’s door. It’s all a ploy to

1. Make the Republicans look bad, giving them a severely flawed bill at the last minute with a deadline.

2. Give Obama and his largest donator EXACTLY what they wanted; A country in financial ruin.
    plus it increases spending.

• Profile picture of limalimamike limalimamike said 1 year, 7 months ago:

http://lolsnaps.com/upload_pic/FiscalCliffPutInAMuchBetterPerspective-90231.jpg

• Profile picture of milemarker milemarker said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Butt sex, shorts eating and now dog foo-doo.